5 Steps To Writing A Successful Application Essay In A Matter Of Hours
Writing your application essay in a matter of hours is not impossible. Just because you waited until the last minute or found yourself too busy or preoccupied to meet your deadline sooner does not mean that the final product will be less than exemplary. Below you'll find five steps to writing a successful application essay in a matter of hours:
- The first step is to make sure humor is avoided at all costs. You are will not turn out the way you think it will. If you are running late with your application essay the last thing you want to do is not only submitted hours before the deadline but to also offend the reader with the content.
- The second step is to quickly outline personal achievements or personal items not otherwise included in your application which you feel are relevant. Remember that at the university level institutions are concerned with the community that they breed. Each college or university is considered a community wearing each member contribute something positively. That means that you have to indicate something about your personality which would contribute well to the existing community or would otherwise benefit the institution. By highlighting this you cannot only provide something which is not included in your application anywhere else but you can also show why you would be a great contribution outside of your academics.
- The third step is to make sure you don't go over the word count. In many cases there is a word minimum but not always a word maximum. This does not mean that you need to exceed the maximum by a great deal. You do not have to hit the maximum number of words if there is a maximum, but you also do not have to write double or triple the minimum if there is no maximum. Member that these applications are going to be read by somebody who sits in a room and reads them repeatedly all day long. They are not going to take too kindly to sitting down and opening your essay only to find that it is 20 pages in length.
- The fourth step is to make sure you have somebody else proofread the information if possible. Small errors can cost you greatly.
- The fifth step is to make sure you follow all of the guidelines and present something unique which is not otherwise presented in your application. There's no need to simply regurgitate facts or statistics from your application itself.