Working on a national honor society application essay
It is an exceedingly distinguished honor to be accepted into the National Honor Society. It also provides a great benefit and helps with your applications for various scholarships. High school performance must be elite to be nominated for membership. Four areas the student must show exemplary performance in are service, leadership, character and scholarship.
After nomination, the candidates must turn in an essay to be reviewed. It is an overwhelming job to write a strong essay. There is a lot of time, energy and thought that must be invested in it. However, it is worth it for the benefits it brings.
How to present an organized and articulate essay?
This is a feat in and of itself. You must take a methodical approach to organize and craft your essay. Some of the steps you should take are:
- Present yourself. You should come across as a model candidate. What are the criteria for membership? Brainstorm to produce a list of key points for your essay. Write down the main ideas and make an outline. Write a first draft and ask someone who knows about essays to review it for you. Incorporate all of the good advice and polish the essay into the final written work.
- The NHS is interested in the intelligence and discipline you can show which indicates you are ready for advanced courses or college. Include your gpa, any academic achievements and other academic activities or organizations you are a part of.
- The NHS considers service to be part of their gold standard. What service organizations have you participated in? Community and school service projects can also be listed here.
- Accomplishments in the field of leadership are important. What leadership positions have you held? What did you learn in your leadership positions? Give specific examples and don’t generalize too much.
- Give a description of your character. Is there a story that might give a good reflection of your personality and character? What is your own definition of having a strong character? Give details of why you think you might fit that description.
The application essay is so important to gain membership in the national honor society that many students turn to professionals for help. An expert writer who is seasoned in writing NHS essays can help with an outline, give advice, point you in the right direction, or even write the entire essay under your guidelines.