Writing a nursing application essay – Important achievements worth mentioning
Writing a nursing application essay can become a stressful task when you know the stakes are your future education and possibly employment. To avoid the stress that comes along with application writing include these items:
- An idea or picture of your personality and how it is relevant to the school. Cater your personality traits to the traits that the university or college mentions in their mission statement and purpose.
- Defense for your personality. If you are going to claim to be great with kids, which would make you a proficient pediatric nurse, it is a good idea to defend that claim with times you have proven you are person that can be trusted with children.
- Commitment. A statement of evidence towards how committed you are to your career would be an item that would stick out on your essay. For example if you want to be a nurse for the elderly, a proven commitment could be how you have previously volunteered in nursing homes.
- Knowledge about the school. Do not simply state that the school is the school of your dreams because it is widely known that all successful individuals receive their degree from the school. Be specific and show the university through your essay that you know the history and accomplishments associated to the school.
- Achievements. Mention any and=all of your achievements. Most universities look for well-rounded students, so if your achievements are not necessarily in the field that you applying in, it is still worth mentioning. Any achievement that is in the nursing field should be highlighted with care so that it does not come off with brass.
All of these items give a special element to a nurses’ application essay. They also, all need to connect in some way. Your achievements should be mentioned in each aspect so that it can be evident how well your achievements connect to nursing and will connect to the type of student you can be. Universities strive to have students who will be assets to their campus, so proving how accentuated and how special your achievements are can get you the admissions you are pleading for. Every achievement is worth mentioning, no matter how small or irrelevant it may seem to your application’s essay, as long as it is work or school related, it should find a way into your application with fluidity.